By Adrianna Zampieri
Are you tired of having a bare and boring front door? Then it’s time to spice it up with a D.I.Y. Aggie wreath! Not only will it turn a drab door into an attractive display, it’s also a cute, decorative way to display Aggie pride. Once your neighbors catch a glimpse of it, they’ll be asking where they can get one too.
This D.I.Y. wreath is a quick and easy project you can complete in an afternoon. The materials for this project can be purchased at local craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels; coupons are always available, so you can save some bucks and buy your supplies at a bargain.
What You Need:
- A grapevine wreath
- Wood letters to spell “Howdy,” “Gig ‘Em,” or a slogan of your choosing
- White paint and a paintbrush
- Fake maroon and white flowers
- Maroon ribbon
- Glue gun
How to Do It:
- Paint the letters white first. While they are drying, move on to the next step.
- Lay out the white and maroon flowers on your wreath to plan where you would like to glue them down. Make sure to leave room for the letters.
- When the letters are dry, place them on the wreath.
- With your glue gun, glue down the flowers and letters.
- Cut a piece a ribbon about three feet in length. Slide it through a few branches on the wreath at the top and tie into a bow, leaving extra length to hang it on the hook on your door.
You can easily alter these instructions to customize the wreath to your personal style, cover the wreath with your favorite kind of flower, or wrap it with colorful ribbons. Your options are unlimited. Be creative!